Sunday 31 May 2009

School Holiday Peace



It is week 2 at my Southall school and it is the half term holiday so there are no children about and very few teachers. Only a short 3 and a half day week this week as Monday was a Bank Holiday and Friday the caretaker wanted to shut up early as there was no-one around. I still managed to get a fair amount done, though.

As you can see, I have started on the left and have been painting the major objects in the mural one at a time. It's slow going painting onto brick as the irregular surface means that you can't do grand sweeping brush strokes but I am really enjoying painting this one as I'm getting lots of positive feedback from the public that walk by.

Tuesday this week was interrupted for most of the day by heavy rain which meant that the main front wall couldn't be worked on so I started on the left hand side wall leading into the entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment